David Macadam, CEO, MECS+R
Sharing insights into the retail industry and the talent landscape
i12WRK in an exclusive conversation with David Macadam, CEO of MECS-Middle East Council of Shopping Centers.
MECS represents more than 600 shopping malls in the Middle East and Africa region from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon. He is one of the most knowledgeable and well-networked individuals in the retail business. He is the retail GURU.
We learn from David, how the retail industry in the region is reviving and the consequent impact on the talent demand and the shifting skills requirement.
Here's the highlights of what we learn, watch the video for complete conversation:
- Retail is reviving and hiring is back
- UAE is staying ahead with strong measures to ensure safety and opening up for tourism
- People were made redundant because of the business’s inability, not theirs
- As retail job landscape evolves in the aftermath of COVID – it is important to upskill
- Video conferencing is one of the primary skills that people need to practice
- MECS is offering free membership on their job platform and learning opportunities – with GVS E-Learning for Retail Real Estate Professionals.
- Challenges businesses are facing in terms of talent in the market
- What is the way forward?