Create Your Own Video CV
Make your application stand out
Those days are gone when people used to invest a lot of time making a good paper resume. Creating a video CV can help your job application as it’s becoming increasingly popular with jobseekers wanting to stand out from the crowd.
A traditional CV outlines your skills, qualifications, and experience, whereas a video CV enables an employer to get a feel for your personality. It can create a good first impression among all prospective employers.
On i12WRK App, you can record your video CV using your phone!
Some tips for creating a Video CV:
- Develop your Video CV like a story, with a structured beginning, middle, and end.
- Script it before you begin, but don’t just read.
- Make your Video CV precise. One minute Video is more than enough.
- Don’t forget to introduce yourself properly at the start of the video.
- Leave contact details at the end of the video, too – email address, phone number, and if possible, any professional social media sites you have.
- Before you send off your application to an employer, try to get objective, and tell the viewer why you're the right person for the job.
- However you decide to produce your video, make sure the video is clear, well lit and in focus.
- Body language is also very important: Maintain eye contact with the camera and have a "happy, cheery disposition”.
- Dress as you are attending a job interview. It’s also very important!
Be confident, and show you have something unique to offer.
And good luck!